WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Scrum Master will apply Agile practices, tools and behaviors, to improve the speed of delivering value to our business, increase predictability of projects, increase quality of deliverables and will establish a culture of self-improvement excellence. As an experienced Scrum Master, the mission of this role is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists develop and release CNB Mobile App towards creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. The Scrum Master will be coaching development teams to help maximize their potential both at the team level, as well as individually. The Scrum Master's expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction, solve complex, and mission critical problems, internally and externally
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Facilitate medium-to-high complexity Agile initiatives from initiation through release, providing oversight to ensure alignment with CNB Digital Agile/Scrum practices, including but not limited to, project kick-off, sprint, release and deployment planning
- Accountable alongside the scrum team for the achievement of release objectives and results that meet LOB stakeholders' needs and expectations
- Manage risks to delivery
- Track and report the team performance
- Navigate and identify shared IT services required by the team in the delivery of its objectives
- Facilitate discussion leading to collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution within the team
- Remove impediments to delivery success through the proactive management of external dependencies, medium-to-high complexity team problem-solving and the development of new solutions or approaches to ongoing challenges; has the authority to execute against new approaches and escalate issues through business and/or IT channels where necessary
- Accountable for creating and maintaining the appropriate vehicles for open communication within the scrum team (e.g. tracker boards) to create a trusting and safe team environment
- Continuously seek to improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues
- Facilitate and engage in business analysis, user experience and technical conversations across platforms and multiple levels of influence
- Communicate cross functionally, ensuring transparency of progress and outcomes; Report team progress and accomplishment up and across; Facilitate status updates, product demos and retrospectives
- Participates in long-range planning and development of application or product roadmaps with Business Unit Owners
- Actively demonstrates and reinforces CNB's PRIDE (People, Relationships, Integrity, Dedication and Entrepreneurs) values in day-to-day activities
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements
- Completes all required training
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years of product development leadership will include additional Business & Technology Services colleagues and Business Unit team members
- Minimum 3 years contributing effectively to the collective team effort and offers ideas and solutions to complex problems
- Minimum of 5+ years of Scrum Master experience, with in-depth knowledge of various Scrum frameworks
- Minimum 5+ years of expertise in one or more other Agile scaling frameworks (SAFe, Spotify, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI) and how they can be applied in a product development / program delivery environment and 2+ years with the scaling frame works
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in coaching and enabling scrum team members
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge for various agile frameworks and implementation of Agile Methodologies to multiple teams in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs.
- Expertise in one or more other agile methodologies (Lean, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI/ Design thinking) and how they can be applied in a product development / program delivery environment.
- Highly collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with diverse personality types
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as Continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques
- Continuous coaching of the team and stakeholders around the team to realize their highest potential
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence at all levels without straight line authority
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, fluid and dynamic environment
- Facilitate product backlog maintenance, release and sprint planning, story writing and backlog prioritization.
- Motivate and enable the delivery teams to be self-organized and make them feel like awesome team members
- Proficiency with Project Portfolio Management solutions, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.) and MS Project
- Knowledgeable of Agile tools
- Banking or financial industry experience preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- Agile certification a plus
- CSM or CSPO certifications is a plus
- Agile ACP or Program Management experience is the plus
- Mobile banking and product owner credentials are the plus
- Managing distributed Agile team is plus ( different geographic locations)
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled